We have more good news for golf at Riverside Golf Course. Governor Mills announced updated guidelines for golf courses on Thursday May 27, 2020. Below we have outlined the updates that we will be implementing and following while we are open.
We want to stress the importance of safety for our staff and customers. To ensure the safety of our customers, staff will follow CDC and state protocols. In order to remain open, everyone must continue social distancing and wear cloth face coverings in public settings where physical distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Staff will be wearing face coverings when interacting with customers and following the social distancing recommendation (6 feet) when possible. Any new guidelines or information will be communicated as updates to the rules and restrictions when they become available.
As a sport that prides itself on playing by the rules, following the rules of social distancing in golf are of the utmost importance today.
Rules and Restrictions:
1. All staff, vendors, and visitors to maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
2. Require all staff, vendors, and visitors to wear a face covering when entering the clubhouse, interacting with staff and where physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
3. Out-of-state clients will not golf until they have quarantined for 14 days
4. The golf course, the pro shops and restrooms will be open starting Tuesday June 2, 2020. The restaurant, the first level of the north course clubhouse, bag storage room and locker rooms will remain closed.
5. Tee times will be 12-minute intervals.
6. To help eliminate congregating around the clubhouse and on the putting green, we are asking for players to remain in their vehicles until at least 20 minutes before their scheduled tee time.
7. All reservations are strongly encourage to be booked online or over the phone. Prepayment of tee times over the phone is recommended. Credit and debit payments will be accepted at both pro shops. No cash transactions at this time. We are in the process of setting up online payments.
8. NO walk-ins on either course will be accepted during the Stage 2 of the State’s reopening plan.
9. SOUTH COURSE will only accept TEE TIMES, booked online or over the phone.
10. Avoid the congregation of golf parties in practice and other common areas
to the extent possible; physical distancing between parties must be maintained.
11. No trashcans will be available on the course- Carry in / Carry out policy is in effect
12. No benches, ball washers, bunker rakes will be on the course
13. No rental clubs will be available.
14. All players will be required to have their own set of clubs.
15. Individually prepackaged score cards and pencils will be available
16. Do not pick up any loose or used equipment that does not belong to you, including stray balls that may be found or tees left behind by other players. Please notify staff if clubs are left on the course and they will be retrieved.
17. Refrain from the customary handshake that usually occurs at the end of the round
18. Riverside has made the decision to add foam noodles to the cups (effective May 22, 2020).
19. Bunker play will be permitted to use preferred lies, if your ball lies in a bunker you will be permitted to lift, clean, and place within the bunker. Please use your foot or club to smooth out the sand after hitting your shot.
20. Members of a single household may share a golf cart. Carts should not be shared across households unless there are plexiglass or other solid, clear barriers installed between seats. Riverside has purchased plastic dividers that will be shipping soon. Once these are received and installed, we will begin allowing non-household members to share a cart. The driver should remain the driver for the use of the rental. No outside alcohol is allowed on the course.
21. As an additional reminder, if you have a fever, cough, are having any shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or any other symptoms of an illness, you should remain home.
Please note: Guidelines as of May 27, 2020. This document will be updated as rules change.